Monday, June 10, 2013

Fennel & Pine nuts Salad

I have noticed, this recipe is pretty popular, the bigger part  of  food blogs I'm reading has this salad in their recipe book.
To tell you the truth, I have never tried fennel before (I even thought that the only edible part is the upper green one).
When I was a kid, I lived in Ukraine back then, my mom used to make this fresh spring salad, but we had a white shredded cabbage instead of the fennel. And lots of dills. Almost all Ukrainian salads should go with either dill or parsley.

Fennel & Pine Nuts salad:
2 small bulbs of fennel
1 medium cucumber
4-5 radishes
chopped dill
chopped chives
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
1 tbsp lemon juice
5-6 tbsp virgin olive oil (or any other oil)
1 tbs of white wine vinegar (I think regular will work too)
black pepper

Trim the fennel, here is the helpful link Click Here
Slice the fennel, radishes, cucumber very thinly. Add chopped dill and chives.
Mix the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and pepper. Pour over the sliced ingredients. Garnish with pine nuts.
P.S. Let this salad rest in a cool area at least 20 minutes before serving . 

No comments:

Post a Comment