Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Poached Eggs with Smoked Lox

Here I am with my eggs again.
My first attempt to make poached eggs ended up with sloppy boiled eggs, which needless to say were still good.
Today I  decided to give myself a second chance with poached eggs, as its so easy to make, that I felt kind of lame that I wasn't able to make it.

For those of you who don't know how to make it:
Pour egg into a bowl. Heat 1 cup (per one egg) of water in a sauce pan. Add 1 tbsp of vinegar or lemon juice. The water should be hot, but not boiling. it should be sort of simmering, you would to see those little bubbles before the boiling begins, that's the condition of water you need. If it is already boiling turn the heat lower, do not let it boil.
Pour the egg into the sauce pan (one at a time), turn the heat off. Let the egg cook in the hot water until your liking. I let it cook for about 6-8 minutes. Using the spotted spoon gently place the egg on the plate.

Poached egg with the smoked lox 
-1 poached egg
-2 slices smoked lox
-1 cup of arugula
-1/2 avocado
-1/8 cup chopped chives
-grated Parmesan for decorating
-fresh ground black pepper
Sauce:
-1 tbsp olive oil
-1 tbsp white wine vinegar
-1 tbsp lemon juice
-1/2 tsp ground black pepper

Place 2 slices of smoked lox on a bed of arugula. Add sliced avocado.
Mix all sauce ingredients in a little bowl. Pour the mixture over the lox and arugula.
Place your poached egg on a top of the lox.Season with ground pepper, Parmesan and chives.

I served it with whole wheat baked bread rubbed with with olive oil and herbs.
Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. So it's like eggs Bennedict? I leave it in hot water for a minute or so.. When they are soft and liquid inside

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is Eggs Benedict but without English muffin and so on.I leave it in the water longer, because I liked my eggs to be more cooked (almost without running yolks).

      Delete